Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) is a locally registered non-government (NGO) that was established in 1985 and is a senior partner of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership. The MSI Global Partnership is made up of all country affiliate programmes, which currently totals 40 partners.
The MSI Global Partnership provides overall leadership to MSI country affiliates, as well as technical expertise and general programmatic support to MSI partners, through various support offices. MSI has a regional technical assistance office in Nairobi, which provides support to partners in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Ethiopia, particularly regarding business development, social franchising and research and M&E.
Other MSI technical experts are also based in the East Africa region, and provide a range of additional support including auditing, financial, and marketing.
To be the BEST, BIGGEST and MOST SUSTAINABLE family planning organisation in Kenya
To provide quality, innovative and integrated reproductive health services to women, men plus young people of reproductive age to have children by choice not chance.
To empower all women, men and young adults of reproductive age with information and services that enable them freely and without coercion.
1. Mission Driven – we all go to work every day to enable more women to have children by choice, not chance.
2. Customer Focused – we meet the needs and exceed the expectations of all our customers: service and product users, the government of Kenya, donors, fellow team members
3. Results oriented – we achieve high quality, measurable outcomes, rather than focusing on inputs or processes.
4. Pioneering – through learning, innovation, and risk taking, we remain at the forefront of family planning and reproductive healthcare countrywide.
5. Sustainable – we build effective and sustainable FP programmes and change behaviours which will have lasting impact for individuals, their communities and their country.
6. People centred – our continued success depends on the creativity, commitment and courage of MSK team members countrywide.
7. Professionalism, Confidentiality and Work ethics – we serve our customers with utmost expertise, discretion and moral principles.